4 Tips To Motivate You To Exercise

Article #1



I wanted to do a quick post today on workout motivation tips that’ll keep you pumping hard in the gym. Some of these may be a bit out of the box, but that’s the kinda guy I am.



I’ll include a surprise at the end, so make sure you read all the way through.



Tip #1. Choose the right partner



It’s known that you are the sum average of the 5 people you are closest to. Their income, their attitude, their age, and their physical condition. If you stop and think about it, it’s true because we naturally gravitate toward people like ourselves.



With that in mind, if you want to be in the best shape of your life, why drag your friend to the gym that has a gut that sticks out below his t-shirt? My advice is always to find someone that’s a bit further than you, or where you want to be, and they are ALREADY going to the gym. That way, you know they’ll be there whether you are or not, so you’ll feel obligated to show up.



I’ve had plenty of workout partners like that. They would party all night Friday, but because they knew I would be in the gym on Saturday and texting them where they were at, they managed to get their hung over butts in the gym. Do you think they would have without me being there?



Tip #2. Choose the Right Song



If you’re a music person like I am (I always have a song going. Right now, it’s Chris Botti because I like to listen to jazz as I write), then the right song will put you in the right mood to crush it in the gym. I generally go for rap, but techno, house, and metal are good choices. Sample a bunch of music and find what gets you amped.



I’d suggest finding your own music device (I use my phone) because your taste may differ from what they play in the gym, which is usually a mix because they have to appeal to everyone in there.



Get that right playlist blasting in your ear and zone out.



Tip #3. Choose the right Trainer



This is an amplified version of #1. The drawback of a workout partner is that they May Not Know What THEY’RE Doing. The advantage to getting a trainer is that they at least have some knowledge of how the body works and how to get you to your goals. They cost some money, but you can’t put a price on the body of your dreams.



If you’re interested in virtual training, check out my page. Watch the message, send me an email, and we can go from there.



Tip #4. Choose the right Reason



This is a huge one. This really should be number one, but I wanted to save the best for last. The right reason to do something will make the difference in success or failure. The underdog that’s protecting his home usually has the advantage over the conquerer that’s there just to expand his power (you’ve seen 300 and the damage those guys did to the Persians!).



They had the right reason. If I told you to swim the English Channel for $10,000, you might not do it, but if I told you to swim because I would kill your entire that if you didn’t. Chances are that you’d either swim the whole thing or die trying.



I know that’s a bit extreme, but you have to find the right reason, the right value that resonates with you on why you want to workout. Whether that’s for a woman, a man, family, contest money, competitiveness, or whatever, use it to leverage you to success.



Another way to do this is to stack your motivators. If you’re competitive, and you value friendship for example, challenge your friends to a ‘get fit contest’ and put something meaningful on the line. Set a hard goal such as 5% body fat loss in 5 weeks or 10 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks and go for it!


Your next step is to take action. Put these workout motivation tips in place and let’s get ripped.

0 comments: